Indoor grilling is becoming more and more popular. It is so much faster, less messy and is extremely easy to cook and it takes up only a little room on your counter top. Foods that come out are so tender and cooked to perfection. It is known that most people like beef burgers. If you want to try something different and as tasty as a regular burger, you should try a turkey burger with cheese inside.
Here is the recipe for 6 turkey burgers. You will need:
¼ cup of coarse buttery cracker crumbs, 2 tbsp of milk, 1 lb of lean ground turkey, 1 beaten egg, 1 minced garlic clove, 2 tbsp of grated Asiago cheese (or any grated cheese you have), 1 tbsp of finely minced onion, ¼ tsp of salt, ¼ tsp of black pepper and 6 multigrain buns.
1. In a large bowl soak the cracker crumbs in milk until the milk is absorbed. It takes several minutes.
2. Add into the soaked cracker crumbs the ground turkey, an egg, garlic, onion, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well. Less salt is required in this recipe if you use salty crackers and Asiago cheese.
3. Make 6 patties about ½ inch thick out of the mixture.
4. Preheat your contact indoor grill. Spay both sides of the grill with vegetable cooking spray or oil. Place patties on the grill and close the lid.
5. Grill cheesy turkey burgers for about 6 to 8 minutes. When cooked, internal temperature has to be 175 F.
6. Serve the turkey burgers on the multigrain buns.
Enjoy these tender cheesy turkey burgers cooked on an indoor grill!
If you are inviting people over to your house, it is advisable to prepare the burgers several hours in advance. The burgers will marinate during that time making them more tender and taste better. Wrap patties tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate them until ready to grill. If you don’t have time for that, don’t worry, cheesy turkey burgers will be tasty regardless.