A raclette party is a significant dinner event. It is a fun way of getting together, it helps people to get closer and get to know each other a little better. It is definitely beneficial for everybody to experience a raclette dinner.
I have to admit that if you’ve never experienced such a type of dinner, it is hard to imagine how to host a raclette party. Questions such as: “How to start preparing for the dinner?”, “What should you do with the food before and after grilling?”, “What kinds of different foods are better to use for the raclette grill?”, “What role does cheese play in grilling on a raclette?”, “What are the little secrets of having a successful raclette dinner party?”
These are tips for a guaranteed success with raclette grill or raclettes with the hot stone:
1. Before you use any raclette grill, you should spray oil or lightly oil over the grill top and heat it for about 25 minutes. Sprinkle the grill surface with a little salt before adding ingredients so the food does not stick to the grill. DO NOT use herb salt because herbs will start burning. It is ok to add herb salt to the ingredients that will be cooked in the individual raclette pan/dish.
2. Cooking on top of the raclette grill with individual raclette pan is also possible. You can get really creative with that. For example, you can fry an egg or slices of sausage in individual pans on top of the grill. Then top it off with the cheese and stick it under the heating element to finish cooking.
3. How to grill in the individual raclette pan? Never pile too much food into your individual raclette pan. The food won’t cook evenly during the brief cooking time and the cheese will get brown too quick because it is too close to heating element. Instead, you should grill more of smaller servings.
4. What is better, grated cheese or sliced cheese? Generally people use grated cheese more often. It is better to grate the cheese fresh for the best flavor. You can grate soft cheeses as well. But first wrap it up and place it in a freezer for 30 minutes. Any grater will do, whether coarse or fine. With the sliced cheese you have to remove the rind. It is better if you cut slices thin to the size of the individual raclette dish.
5. What is the ideal starter for a raclette meal? Any mixed green salad with a light dressing is a perfect start for a raclette party. The salad can be eaten while the grill is heating up. Plus it might be better to serve salads as a side dish with the raclette meal so the guests won’t fill up.
6. If you would like to follow certain recipes, you can mix ingredients together ahead of time so they only have to be topped off with the cheese and grilled in the individual pan. But you will notice that it is more fun for people to create their own food combinations.
7. What to do with leftover cheese? Leftover hard or firm cheese can be frozen. To keep the cheeses from sticking together place a piece of waxed or baking paper between the individual slices. Leftover cheese is good for melts, sandwiches, vegetables dishes and sauces.
8. After the party! In order to prevent the smell of cooking to spread throughout the entire house you can air it out with clove studded lemon or oranges or with an oil burner.
Hope these were helpful ideas for everybody to create individual raclette parties at home.
Please visit our website store IndoorGrillRaclette.com to get yourself a wonderful Raclette Grill.